Rotary Club of Slough invite you to Slough Together Charity Walk 2020
The Slough Together Walk 2020 is being organised by the Rotary Club of Slough, together with Wexham Park Hospital, part of Frimley Health. This is a sister event to the Annual Walk planned for 2nd May, that was postponed this year. The Walk is being organised virtually, but you are expected to actually WALK! The event is being held to raise funds to support local charities hard hit by the recent pandemic. If you do not have your own favourite charity, just go along for the fun, or donate to Rotary Charities, chosen by our president.
The registration will also be the check-in and will be done online. The Walk can be done on any route of your choosing, any time between the nominated dates. Walkers must keep within their bubble, and adhere to the Covid rules at the time.
How to take part
- Enter online by 31st October
- The Event is open to anyone (under 16's must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Entry - £5 for Adults. Children and dogs - Free - Online only
- You must register here in order to take part.
- Additional donation to Rotary Charities can be made during registration or via our VirginMoneyGiving page.
Or you can set up a separate online fundraising page for your cause.
- Walk anytime during September and October on your own or in a lockdown bubble.
- Distance - no rules, but we suggest 5 miles (more if you want!)
- Use any route not just in the UK! You do not need to follow the normal route along the Jubilee and Thames rivers through Eton, however you can download that route map and guidance notes from our resources page if you wish to follow the 'usual' route.
- This year we are offering 3 incentive prizes. For the top three individuals who raise the most for their charity.
How to qualify for a 2020 Walk Certificate and be entered for the incentive prizes
- Send details of your completed effort to by 7th November 2020. Ideally, reply to your registration confirmation email.
- This could be a screenshot from your smartphone, a photo, or just an email setting out the date, time and the distance covered.
- Send photos of competitors for us to post to social media and this website – but only if you want to!
- To qualify for an incentive prize, include a link to your own fundraising page.
And this year the Rotary Club of Slough is offering THREE extra ways to increase your funds.
Last year we helped you and your charities raise over £36,000. Let us help you do even better this year!Registration is easy to complete online and all the documents you need, a route map, directions for the walk and a sponsorship form can all be downloaded from the resources page on this website. Should you have any difficulties simply email us at: